06 January 2010

New Year's Post a Few Days Late

I would say that at the turning of the year, I've grown retrospective, but that wouldn't entirely be true. Not a day of 2009 has gone by without my engaging in some sort of melancholy reflection. Here's a short overview of my 2009, and a couple of wishes for 2010.

In 2009, I added these cities to the list of European places I've visited:

London - UK
Milan, Venice and Rome - Italy
Salzburg, Obertraun, and Hallstatt - Austria
Prague - Czech Republic
Munich and Füssen - Germany
Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Anzère, and the Jungfrau (Top of Europe) - Switzerland
Peillonnex and La Clusaz - France

In 2009, six people that I knew died, among them two of my uncles - a hard reality for me to face all alone in Switzerland.

In 2009, I lost my best friend, something that continues, and will continue, to haunt me. The prospect of 2010, in which we won't speak once, has become the saddest realization of my life.

In 2009, I lost nearly forty pounds, mostly from two extremes - months of (very literally) sleepless nights, and way too much stress.

In 2010, I hope nothing is quite the same as 2009. I want to be finished with the sadness, bitterness, pain and anxiety.

In 2010, I want to lose forty more pounds - this time the right way.

In 2010, I hope nobody I know dies.

In 2010, I wish to become even closer to God, and I want to continue to learn His plan for my life.

As you can see, I have high hopes for 2010. Lol...

Let the games begin!
That girl in Switzerland

1 comment:

  1. Love, apart for a heart and by the word. Intention to accept each other's everything, all the intentions to love each other.

    ReplyDelete